March 3, 2014

Estelí, Nicaragua (2013)

              

              Left: Dancing at Cafe Luz; 
              Above: Sunset North of the Cathedral 



Almost 1 year ago, I packed up my life and moved to Nicaragua to work for an organization called Global Glimpse. To learn more about Global Glimpse, you can visit the website here. I am really grateful for the amazing people I met, and the openness of Nicaraguans in general. Despite the complex relationship between the U.S. and Nicaragua, I felt extremely welcome working and living in the country. There were a few challenges I faced, but almost all risks come with rewards, no matter where you are. Throughout March, I'll be posting photos of Nicaragua. To start things off, here's a peak at the city of Estelí, about 2.5 hours west of Managua.





Above: Blue Moto
Right: Painting by el Collectivo de Muralistas; 
Casa de Cultura




         Above: La Catedral Nuestra Señora del Rosario at night
         Left: Portrait of famous poet Leonel Rugama by 
         el Colectivo de Muralistas; Casa de Cultura




Barrio South of El Mercado


Mural at Mujeres Ambientalistas


View at Sunset from Hostal Tomabu










No comments:

Post a Comment